Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Koon Kee Restaurant & Pub @ Upp Serangoon

3 posters

Go down

Koon Kee Restaurant & Pub @ Upp Serangoon Empty Koon Kee Restaurant & Pub @ Upp Serangoon

Post  Commodore Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:32 pm

Wow,

I'm the 1st to post?

Okie, this comes quite nicely as I just had a pretty good dinner at a place I would like to share.

This above is situated at 66 Yio Chu Kang Rd, opp Serangoon stadium, in the slip road.

Administrator, I've done you a fav and took a few pix of the places. Can I send it to you for upload later?

Anyway, you'll see that it's a very family-styled place with an almost 'Malaysia-liked' ambience. The whole decor is very 60s, and you can see guitars, old number plates, retro clocks and posters hung all over the place. I don't think you'll term it as cool, but for our friends who have lived in the 60s, this place would definitely bring back some good memories.

Food was pretty good. Not a very extravagant menu, but each dish tastes home cooked. Among the 12 dishes or so that we ordered, the red wine chicken, fish maw soup, and yam paste stood out. The final price was approx. $350 but for the amount we ate, I think it's quite reasonable. (Taken from their menu: No GST or service charge but tips are appreciated)

Service wise... hmm interestingly, there wasn't much of it. I won't say it was bad, but being a family-run place, we had to dish the soups ourselves. You won't expect waiters being at your beck and call to change the plates, but whatever service was rendered, it came from the heart. For example, the lady boss would patiently explain the portions and ingredients of each dish to us so that we would not order the same thing. She even held back the dessert that we had already ordered just in case we could not finish the food. That, to me is quite special

From a scale of 1-10, I would rate 7 for the food and 6 for the service.

But's it's definitely worth a return IMHO.

Commodore
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Koon Kee Restaurant & Pub @ Upp Serangoon Empty Re: Koon Kee Restaurant & Pub @ Upp Serangoon

Post  Admin Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:35 pm

Haha,

So typically you.

I asked you to help out to write a short note on service and you gave me a whole food critique.

Anyway, you post is much appreciated.

PS, I'll post your pics on Facebook once I've set it up.

Cheers.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://serviceplease.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Koon Kee Restaurant & Pub @ Upp Serangoon Empty Re: Koon Kee Restaurant & Pub @ Upp Serangoon

Post  Commodore Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:38 pm

So typically you.

Never satisfied.

*sigh*

Very Happy

Commodore
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrytan Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:12 pm

I came to this place before.

Your description is perfect. Very Happy

Terrytan

Location (Country) : Singapore

Back to top Go down

Post  Commodore Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:18 pm

Thank you sir

Commodore
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum