Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taxi drivers

5 posters

Go down

Taxi drivers Empty Taxi drivers

Post  Gungho Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:34 pm

Hi admin,

Just a suggestion.

You guys should create a section for the above. It'll be a hit I'm sure. Very Happy

Gungho

Location (Country) : Singapore

Back to top Go down

Taxi drivers Empty Re: Taxi drivers

Post  Admin Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:26 am

Why not?

If I have sufficient demand for such a thread... I'll definitely create one.

After all, the taxi drivers are important service professionals too.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://serviceplease.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Commodore Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:35 am

On the topic of taxi drivers,

I was flagging for a cab near katong the other day. I looked at my watch, 8:02pm. Phew! Just passed the peak hour period.

I got in and the peak hour surcharge showed $1.00. I was like.. damn, the meter must have been slower.

5 mins later... and then 10 mins, the surcharge was still ticking. I started asking the taxi driver how this could be so, knowing very well that this was controlled centrally.

15 mins later, the surcharge meter was still ticking and I became grumpy.

When I got off, the taxi driver refused to take my money for the surcharge because he said did not like 'grumbling customers'. Haha, I'm still wondering if this constitutes as good service.

2 questions: 1) what went wrong with the meter that day 2) who controls the meter? LTA or the taxi company.

Can someone advise?

Commodore
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrytan Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:10 pm

Commodore wrote:

2) who controls the meter? LTA or the taxi company.

Can someone advise?

I believe it to be LTA, as I am often told by taxi drivers.

Terrytan

Location (Country) : Singapore

Back to top Go down

Post  a4carsdrivers Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:58 pm

okay, there you can read little some about LTA: Leave Travel Allowance affects every salaried employee, here we give you a quick low-down on what to expect.
1. You can get LTA only if you have applied for leave from your company and have actually travelled. However, international travel is not valid. You must have travelled within the country.
2. The entire cost of the holiday is not covered. Only the travel costs are covered. So, whether you fly, hop on to a train or take public transport, you will have to show the ticket to claim your LTA. This means you will need to keep your air, rail or public transport ticket.
3. If you travel by car and it is owned by a central government organisation like ITDC, the state government or the local body, then LTA is permitted.
4.You must take the shortest route to your destination to be eligible for LTA.
5. If your LTA is not utilised, it gets added to your salary and you will be taxed on it, we are from london specialize taxi transfer services across the cities of london at http://www.a4cars.co.uk/

a4carsdrivers

Location (Country) : England

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum